The PC Party of PEI is looking for an energetic, skilled, flexible and outgoing individual to join their staff as a full time Executive Director. In this role, the selected candidate will manage Party operations, including management of the office, banking and Party finances, district organization and work with volunteers from across the province, providing information, training and organizational support. The Executive Director supports all activities carried out by the PC Party executive and committees including fundraising and membership, policy development, community relations and political training.
Reporting to the President of the PC Party of PEI, the successful candidate will possess a strong academic background, preferably a university degree in a relevant field and/or demonstrate related work experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following position requirements:
- Excellent communication ability, data management, interpersonal skills, and time management skills;
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently;
- Personally engaging and eager to work with leaders and staff, able to build and cultivate relationships with a broad range of volunteers;
- Experience organizing and planning events, including fundraising for a non-profit organization;
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate volunteers;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and exercise substantial discretion and judgment;
- Must be bondable;
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
- Must have valid drivers license and own vehicle.
This is an opportunity to work for one of Prince Edward Island’s great volunteer organizations, a unique career for a person with the right skills and energy. Salary range based on qualifications and experience. Previous political experience is an asset.
To express interest in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with references, in confidence, quoting Executive Director in the subject line. Applications are only accepted via email. Deadline is Monday, February 13, 2017.
NOTE:This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the employer reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, or work load.)